Materials: stretchy sock, polyfil stuffing, needles, thread, sharpies or fabric markers, buttons, and felt.
Objective: Create a soft sculpture, increase fine motor skills, practice basic sewing skills.
1.Turn sock inside out.
2.To create the monster’s horns, draw a v-shape with a sharpie in the toe section.
3. Sew a basic running stitch along the v-shaped line.
4. Cut away the excess fabric.
5. Turn sock right-side-out and stuff with polyfil.
6. Sew the bottom shut using a basic running stitch. Cut off the excess fabric on the bottom.
7. Sew on buttons and felt shapes (or glue them on with fabric glue) to make the monster’s eye(s), mouth, and other features. This is where students can really get creative.